Friday, July 14, 2006
We Chose Adoption!
As a NICU nurse we have to attend any high-risk deliveries in case the baby needs assistance. Last night, I attended one and had the following conversation with my OB. (A resident was delivering the baby)

Him: When are you getting your baby?
Me: It will be a while.
Him: But when do you think?
Me: Well, it will be next year.
Him: Next year! Wow, I thought it would be this year.
Me: Yes, so did we.
Him: You could have been pregnant by then.
Me: Yes, but we chose adoption.


5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Pushy said...

I think people tend to forget that even if you were pregnant before then, there are no guarantees in that arena either. Especially coming from an OB.... just thinking out loud :)

Blogger Tracy said...

Hi Karen. I saw your blog link on adoption forums so I wanted to come by and say hi. We are with GWCA, too and are awaiting our first child from China. I enjoyed reading your blog. I am right there with you! We chose adoption, too! And every day I am so glad. Even though this wait is hard, it will be soooooooo worth it!!

Blogger Karen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your response . . . so many think of adoption as a last resort when so many of us have chosen it as a first choice! :)
Can't wait to follow your entire journey!

Blogger 3 Countries 1 Love said...

Hello! I followed a link to your blog from another and have bookmarked it! Your comment about being a NICU nurse jumped out at me, as I'm also a NICU nurse in NM. I thought people would be better about understanding adoption the second time around for me, but most didn't. Shannon

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer

Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!